Here On Earth is a creative educational project for young filmmakers/climate leaders. This is a place to learn, and it is a place to share. We want to nurture a positive relationship with the environment by focusing on collaboration, connection, and creativity. The camera has always been a malleable tool that can smoothly bridge the sciences and the arts. It can allow these young artists to create and make others see.
– Recording as meditation
– Video editing with collaborative image bank
– Art and skills of Interview
– Video proposal-writing
Vimeo link to see student works: https://vimeo.com/user1316492
Dates & Times
November 14, 2020 – January 9, 2021 (Every Saturday, no class on November 28th)
– 9:30am-11:00am New York
– 2:30pm-4:00pm London
– 10:30pm-12:00am Taiwan
Choose from one of the following topics for your video:
– Ocean Pollution
– Ocean Stories
– Ocean Life
Choice of collaborative group project or solo project.
All video projects turn in on April 3, 2021
Dates & Times for Group Meetings:
January 23 – April 10, 2021 (9:30 – 11am EST every Saturday)
– Video project presentation
– Guest Speaker series – Feb. 6, 20, Mar. 6, 20
– Master class
– One-on-One office hour and group project collaboration
April 22 – 25th
– Here On Earth: Ocean Waters 2021 Screening & Virtual Exhibition.
– Premiere of Here On Earth films and International Collaborative film projects.
– Youth panel discussion with guest speakers.
– Share your voice and respond to the films using digital creative writing tools developed by The Wick Poetry Center at Kent State University.
After finishing their cinema projects, students will bring their works back to communities to work with their school environmental clubs, community-based organizations, as well as our global partners to continue promoting and making changes for ocean awareness.